Followers

Introduction - Start here!


Living creatively, writing mindfully.

‘The hardest part of any journey is having the confidence to start’

Introduction
Hi! I’m guessing if you’re reading this, you are a creative person. Perhaps, like me, you’ve been writing since you were a child. Or maybe you are only just discovering your creativity. Whoever you are, and whatever your circumstances, you are very welcome here. I hope we can journey together and become friends, growing in our creativity and confidence, and sparking off new ideas along the way.

There are several things this blog won’t do. It won’t:
·        Turn you into a best-selling author
·        Tell you how to get your work published and/or make money out of it
·        Show you how to write (only you can do that)

Instead, this blog aims to help you find and listen to your inner voice – your Soul Voice, if you like. Once you can do so, you will find that writing comes naturally to you – as naturally as breathing.
It will also talk a little about mindfulness, a practice which I have found extremely valuable, both personally and as a writer. Along the way, I will include some exercises which I have found useful in stimulating creative ideas, as well as useful advice and tips from other writers and creatives.
I hope you enjoy my blog and welcome any feedback.
Let’s start!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! So happy to meet you and find you through Tara Nicholle- Nelson's writing challenge. I am not a writer- nor do I aspire to be one. But I do appreciate other's creative expression in what ever form they choose to express it. And I have found great ... relief???, in completing the 10 day challenge. I say relief because it has relieved me of some tension and worry that I have been hanging on to lately- for no apparent reason. Through these exercises, I have learned that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be.
    I look forward to reading your posts,
    Jenn from Portland, OR, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your message - it's lovely to have you on board! I also found the 10 Days Writing Challenge really helpful - in fact that's what inspired me to finally get this blog underway, which I had been promising myself I would do for ages. Hope you will continue to enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete

creative writing and mindfulness

Writing Across Borders - International connections

 In the last few weeks/months I've been fortunate to participate in some wonderful international events - something I could never have i...